MAKE FUNDRAISING FUN!
The Power of $100!
The Power of $100 is truly remarkable! Each $100 raised allows us to continue LLS's effort in finding cures. Help us reach our fundraising goal of $350,000 which supports more than 30 Texans who are diagnosed with blood cancer each day.
The Big D Climb has shown tremendous growth not only in number of climbers but also in the funds raised over the last eight years. To date, the Big D Climb has raised over $1,000,000 towards our mission to find a cure for blood cancers!
How can you help us achieve that goal? After you register, you will be given a personal online fundraising page. Take five minutes to set up your page and send out emails to your supporters. You'll be surprised to see how easy it is to raise funds!
Raise $350 take home a BIG D CLIMB Sweatshirt
Raise $750 take home a BIG D CLIMB Duffle Bag
Team Fundraising Incentives
Raise money and we will throw you a team party! Be the top fundraising team in your category and we will celebrate you! You must have a minimum of 5 participants and a minimum of $5,000 raised.
Join Us at the SUMMIT! Become a member of the SUMMIT CLUB!
Back by popular demand, you too may be a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Big D Climb Summit Club! Raise over $1,000 and you will receive access to the Summit Club tent on the day of event with bag claim, special breakfast and refreshments, a special Big D Climb Summit Club Long Sleeve Shirt, be recognized in the stairwells as a Summit Club member (funds must be received by January 15th for printing purposes), a special Summit Club photo opportunity at the top of the climb and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Additional Summit Club Incentives
Raise $2,000 take home a SUMMIT CLUB Hooded
Raise $2,500 take home a SUMMIT CLUB Zip Pullover Jacket
Raise $5,000 take home a $350 Amazon Gift Card
Raise $7,500 take home a $500 Amazon Gift Card
Raise $10,000 take home a $750 Amazon Gift Card
*Gifts are not cumulative. Gifts can be donated back to LLS to increase funds that will go towards the mission.
Pledge Collection Deadline
All participants must raise $100 by climb day on January 27th. If you still have not raised $100 by January 27th, you can either donate at the event to complete your goal or put your credit card on file. If you do not hit your goal by event day, you will be charged for the remaining amount. If you do not wish to comply with these rules, participation in future Big D Climb events will not be permissible.
If mailing checks, please include a note with your name and Big D Climb for proper crediting.
Please mail your donations to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: Big D Climb
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
You may also drop off pledges in person. The North Texas Chapter office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Quick Tax-Deduction Tips
- All donations made to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society are tax-deductible. The registration fee is NOT a tax deductible donation.
- All checks should be made out to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or LLS.
- LLS will automatically mail out a tax letter to individuals who donate $250 or more. These tax letters will be mailed out by the end of February 2018. Online donors will automatically receive a receipt via email upon donation.
- How are team donations handled?
- Team donations are equally divided amongst the team members after the event. This amount will be added to individual fundraising amounts to come up with participant totals. Each member of the team is responsible for a minimum of $100 in fundraising, which includes individual donations and team donations. When an online donation is made to the team page, the divided amount of that donation will NOT appear on each team member's individual fundraising page. All team page donations will be manually allocated to individual team members a week prior to the climb.
- How do my donors get tax receipts?
- Online donors automatically receive a tax receipt via email immediately after they donate. Offline donors who contribute $250 or more will be mailed a tax receipt. Offline donors who contributed less than $250 may request a tax receipt. Please note this when submitting their donations or contact email@example.com to request a tax receipt. All tax receipts will be sent by March 1, 2018.