All donations from Big Climb MPLS help support the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS): To cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, myeloma and to help improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
When The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) was founded in 1949, a blood cancer diagnosis was almost always fatal. Most leukemia patients, especially children, died within 3 months. Even by the mid-1950's, when the first generation chemotherapy drugs began appearing, the disease remained a stubborn challenge. Thanks in part to innovative research funded by LLS, survival rates have doubled, tripled and even quadrupled for blood cancer patients. LLS is a driving force behind breakthroughs in treating blood cancer patients.
All participants are required to raise a minimum of $75 in order to climb, in addition to the non-refundable registration fee.
Tips & Ideas
1. PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
- Tell your friends and family exactly why you are crazy enough to climb to the top of a very tall skyscraper. Update your page in your participant center.
2. SEND EMAILS, POST ON FACEBOOK, TEXT, CALL, ETC.
- We have template emails that you can send from your participant center. Making it so easy for you!
- Quickly post your fundraising link on social media and tag your friends to ask for donations.When is the last time you’ve been on Facebook. My guess is sometime today.
- Texts/calls work, too! They may ignore emails or say, “Sorry, Dude. It got buried in my inbox.”
3. TRICK YOUR FRIENDS
- Anything can be turned into a fundraising party. Be creative. Backyard BBQ. Happy Hour. Get together because it’s Wednesday. Birthday party. Book Club.
- Do you work in the service industry? Consider telling your customer that for one night, all of your tips will be going to help you fundraise for LLS. Pretty sure they’ll think you’re the best server, hair cutter, etc., ever and tip even more!
- Ever notice how money flows after a few cocktails? Offer to be your friends’ Uber driver for the night and put the money you charge them toward your fundraising efforts. Win for them and win for you because you’ll wake up feeling pretty darned good in the morning!
4. MATCHING GIFTS
- Ask your donors if their company has a matching gift program and they could double (or even triple) their original donation amount. How cool is that?!
- To find out if you or your donors company has a matching gift policy, follow this link.
5. NEED MORE?
- We’ve created an entire list of fundraising ideas! Check ‘em out!
- Use our C.U.R.E. Card to make it fun asking people for a donation.
- Give us a shout! (Don’t actually yell though!) We’d be happy to brainstorm ideas on how you can reach your fundraising goal!
Bragging rights, eh? Curing cancer, eh?
We have sweet prizes for different levels of fundraising. View additional prizes here. The fundraising deadline is March 30.
Stairmaster Club, anyone? Raise $1,000 or more and be part of this exclusive club. Not only are you helping us reach our goal of curing cancer, but you will get some sweet incentives* from us.
*TBD because we're way too far away from the event to reveal all of our secrets!
Please mail your donations to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: Big Climb MPLS
1711 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413-2638
If mailing cash/checks, please include a note with the individual or team name you would like your donation to go to and "Big Climb MPLS" for proper crediting.
You may also drop off donations in person. The Minnesota Chapter office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.